IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) return preparation site is operated by certified volunteers at the Forrest City Public Library. This program offers free tax preparation and filing to people who generally make $55,000 or less.
Tax preparation is offered by appointment only. Appointments can be made during business hours in person or by calling 870-633-5646. We begin accepting appointments when the tax season begins.
What to Bring
- For married filing joint, both spouses must be present
- Proof of identification for yourself and/or your spouse
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification notices/cards for you, your spouse, and/or dependents
- All Forms W-2 and 1099
- Information for other income
- Information for all deductions/credits
- Total paid to day care provider and their tax ID number
- Forms 1095-A, B or C (ACA Statements)
- Bank account information for direct deposit of refund